22 November 2010

What I'm Thankful For - A to Z

     In the spirit of Thanksgiving, these are a few things for which I'm thankful.


A - Aidan - my first born who loves to give hugs.

B - Books - I love to read.

C - Challenges - keep things interesting!

D - Dad - my dad who taught me many things and I'm so glad he did.

E - Ears - I love hearing many things - the sound of a wood fire, pages of a book turning, the keys on a computer clicking, "I love You" by my family, steak sizzling, a baby's laugh, thunder...

F - Friends - old friends and new friends.

G - The Big G - the love of my life!

H - Homes - my home and my parents' home.

I - Internet - so I can stay in touch with my family and friends.  And can also answer some of the  questions that Aidan and Josephine ask me...

J - Josephine - the daughter my mother hoped I would have - she is giving me a run for my money!

K - Knowledge.  I'm well educated and appreciate all that I have learned.  I am also smart enough to know that there is a WHOLE lot more I don't know.

L - Love and Laughter - I think they go hand in hand and luckily for me I have lots of both in my life.

M - Mom - my mom who I love, respect and can now understand a whole lot better since having kids!

N - Nose.  Yes, I'm thankful for my nose.  I love the smell of roses, The Big G, just washed babies, line-dried laundry, wood fires, bread baking, the ocean, rain, crisp and clean autumn air.

O - Olives.  How can you not love them?  Every time I have a martini, I am thankful!

P - Patience, although on this one, I could use a little more please!

Q - Quiet.  Oh for that time before everyone else gets up and I have a cuppa and a good book.

R - Relatives.  Really, I'm thankful for my relatives, on both sides of the family.  Even the crazy ones (and you know who you are!)

S - Sense of Humor.  This has helped me through some difficult times and I am so thankful for that!

T - Time.  The past, the present and the future!

U - Usefulness.  This is how I need to feel and also how I need stuff to be.  Thankfully, I am more often than not.

V - Voices of my loved ones.  How I love to hear them.  Yes, even Jojo's incessant talking!

W - Work.  Yes, work.  I am thankful for work.  The Big G's work because he likes what he does and that makes him happy, therefore I'm happy.  My work because I'm a stay at home, home schooling mom.  I have never worked so hard in my life, nor been so satisfied by a "job".

X - X-rated.  Hey, I'm not dead yet and neither is The Big G.  And we're married and have a license, so it's ok according to Nana.

Y - You.  The person reading this.  Thank you!

Z - Zestiness.  Not in a culinary sense, but a part of my life that gives it some zing!

5 comments:

  1. Love your list! My daughter (4 yrs) is also named Josephine! And, she is also giving me a run for my money (increasingly). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! We had never heard the name Aidan, had our Aidan and then heard about everyone named Aidan. When we had Josephine, we figured she would be the only one. Boy were we wrong! Good luck with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Your post has been included in the WSDBR at:
    http://csamto.blogspot.com/2010/11/welcome-to-wsdbr.html

    Thanks for your wonderful contribution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving A to Z!

    I have a contribution to the Round Up for you for this week. We are Nomads by Nature but this is our link: http://webtexans.wordpress.com/

    Looking forward to reading everybody's input on your theme. We had fun doing it! Thanks for leading this week!

    ReplyDelete