25 September 2010

Everything is better with bacon!

Now I'm sure my friends know that I love to eat.  If you don't, a quick glance at my backside will provide ample evidence of the prior statement!  Coupled with my love of food, especially good food, is a drastic dislike of exercise; add a couple of very stressful years, and ta-da a 30 pound weight gain.  Yup, 30 pounds.  That is more than both my kids weigh combined!!!!!  So I joined Nutrisystems.  In the past six weeks I've lost 10 pounds and it has been really HARD work.  I've done the whole - quality vs quantity analysis - found a hybrid plan that works for me, and I'm happy with it.  Until my husband cooked tonight...turkey breast wrapped in bacon.  Now there is nothing better than the smell of turkey roasting, unless it is the smell of bacon cooking.  Now wrap that roasting turkey IN bacon and the salivary glands start working overtime!  I just could not bring myself to eat another boxed faux meal while my "loving" family noshed on their dinner.  So I put my Nutrisystems meal away, took a small plate from the cupboard, served myself a measured portion of moist, juicy, bacon ensconced turkey breast and a couple of roasted potatoes, poured myself a nice chilled glass of white wine and then just relaxed.  And it was the type of relaxation that you feel when you let all your troubles go and just melt.  Into a chair, into the floor, into the bacon wrapped turkey.  And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment